Hopefully, you've had your well-deserved break over Christmas, quality time spent with friends and/or family, long days beaching, reading, putting your feet up.
About this time of the year, it starts dawning on you that it's time to get back into work mode. If you are anything like the 95% of us who dread this, we have some tips for you.
1. Quit! - Yep, we said it, we aren't here to sugar coat it. As the saying goes, if you can find something that you are passionate about and be paid for, you will never work a day in your life. If you are dreading going back to work so much that it is affecting you, you aren't living life to your fullest.
Maybe it's a good time to assess whether now might be a good time to put your good vibes out there for your dream job?
2. Plan another break - Summer is by no means all done and dusted, plan a little weekend away where you can once again escape the reality of your work. So simple, yet it gives you something positive to focus on while you are finding your feet again.
3. Stress a lot less - Keep in mind that if your boss is anything like you, they will also be feeling the same way. Ease into the first week, I can almost guarantee you the boss is!
4. Focus on your other life accounts - I am currently reading a great book by Michael Hyatt and Daniel Harkavy called 'Living Forward'. It talks about creating a Life Plan and to do so you need to clearly define what 'accounts' your life possesses. Employment is only one account and unfortunately, we put a too high an emphasis on its importance.
Why not look at how you can improve the other 'Accounts' in your life? Your friends?, Family, Spirituality or Physical Health?
5. Set Mini-Goals - I know, you must hear this all the time but the truth is it really does work. Have you actually given this a good shot?
Small incremental progressions lead to big changes. Set small goals, plan your week and then assess it at the end. If you have achieved and progressed, you are on the right track!