It’s hard not to love these! Golden, light and crispy.
- 2 eggs
- 1 heaped scoop of vanilla clean lean protein
- 80ml unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut cream
- 2 tbsp ground almonds or LSA
- 1/4 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Real vanilla (optional)
- Warmed berries to serve
- Melted butter to brush waffle maker
- Plus 1 fat portion of your choice as an accompaniment e.g. cream, butter, coconut cream.
STEP 1 Preheat the waffle maker on setting 3 for at least 5 minutes.
STEP 2 Place all the ingredients except the berries and butter in a bowl and beat with an electric beater until well combined.
STEP 3 Brush waffle maker with melted butter and pour in the mixture. Pour in enough mixture so the indentations are just covered.
STEP 4 Cook the waffles for 5-7 minutes until crispy. Repeat the process until all of the batter is used.
STEP 5 Warm the berries to serve on top. The waffles can be made in advance, wrapped individually and frozen, then reheated in an oven on low, or a toaster.